Friday, August 3, 2012

With all the pain that came with the last 18 months, sometimes I forget to remember the good.  Someone told me once that "you never get this minute, this moment in time, back again".  Tonight we took my 8 year old out to get a real "big girl" desk and desk chair so she has a real spot in her room to do her homework.  We rearranged her furniture to take it from the room we designed for a 4 year old in kindergarten, to a room meant for an 8 year old going into the third grade.

She is getting so big!  There are times I look at her and can't believe how many wonderful moments I will never have again.  Her first smile.  Her first day of school.  I really try to remember that no matter how sad I feel for other things, she is my light and my joy.  Every cuddle and snuggle is worth all the diamonds in the world.  Every smile is more precious to me than my own life.

She has been my rock and my light in getting through the last 18 months.  There are times she is the only reason I get up in the mornings, and often the only reason I can find to keep breathing.  She is growing up so quickly I feel like I need to find a way to slow the clock to squeeze just a little bit more from every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment